I’ve always wanted to put a recipe on my blog, but at the same time I was waiting for something original that I’ve developed myself. This recipe is a hearty, manly ‘steak & potato meal’ meets ‘girly salad.’
4 oz. ribeye steak / person
2 med. red potatoes / person
2 hearts of romaine lettuce
2 pkgs. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
Fresh Parsley, Oregano, Basil
White Wine Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Wash the potatoes and chop into bite size pieces.
3. Place potatoes in a large ziplock bag and add enough olive oil to coat thoroughly.
4. Add the dressing mix and shake well until all potatoes are coated.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread potatoes over it. Cook for about 15 mins.
6. Switch your oven to broil and cook for an additional 10 mins.
7. Wash lettuce and cut into a ‘disc’ about an 1 1/2″ half tall.
8. When the potatoes are about half way done, fire up the grill.
9. Slice the steak into 1/2″ strips and grill quickly, seasoning with S&P, until desired readiness.
10. While the steak cooks, place all dressing ingredients in a blender, or Magic Bullet. Unfortunately, I don’t really have exact measurements for the dressing ingredients, but ROUGHLY it is: a small handful of each fresh herb [washed, with stems removed], 1 T. capers & their juice, 2 T. Vinegar, 2 T. Soy Sauce, 1 T. minced garlic, 2 limes [zest lime peels on the smallest side of your grater, remove seeds and cut into quarters], 2 T. sugar and 1 t. S&P each.
11. Directly off the grill, place the steak on a serving of lettuce, and directly out of the oven, place the potatoes on top of the steak. Drizzle the dressing on top, garnish with a parsley leaf, serve and ENJOY!!!
*Note: Thanks to all who have helped me perfect this recipe, especially K-Toe for the pots part.